Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday, Dad's birthday

One of the stupidest things I do in regards to the gym is not give myself enough time to be there properly. This is because I don't like going, so I put it off, but I know I have to go, so I go at the last possible minute, and then either the gym is closing (on weekends it closes at 8, grrr) or I have to go somewhere. Example: I'm sitting here at my computer, waiting for the Midol to kick in (because I think we can all agree that it's not fun to go the gym BEFORE the Midol kicks in, right?), which I figure will happen in about half an hour, which will leave me with only two hours to get to the gym, work out, come back, eat dinner/change clothes, and go pick up Steve for the Air Sex Competition we are going to tonight.

Yes, you read that right, the Air Sex Competition. I'll get to that in a second.

I don't really know how to change this issue- my life this year is busier than last year, and thank goodness, because it makes me feel like less of a waste of space. But isn't this the most important thing I could be doing with my time? Yes. So why don't I allow myself enough time to do it properly, to go and do multiple machines, not just the elliptical, or else do just one machine and then go swimming? I miss swimming, but it certainly is more of an ordeal than just going on a machine. Bleh.

Everything would be solved if I could convince myself to get up at 5am and go to the gym before work, on the days that I work. But I cannot do this. I'm not a 5am person, never have been, never will be. There have been a couple times in my life that I've been awake all night with insomnia and went to the gym before work because I just never fell asleep, but I can hardly hope that THAT happens often. Besides, I sleep better when I've been exercising well, and I'd hate to ruin that. So I'll just have to keep cramming things in for the time being- but exercising some is better than exercising none, right?

Anyway, yes. The Air Sex Competition. My trivia friends found out about it, and we were all going to go, but then they bailed (for "jobs," so I suppose I can't fault them) so now it's just me and Steve, and maybe Li-Wei if she leaves work in time. I don't know much about it, but it sounds just too weird-in-a-good-way to pass up. It's been described to me as "kind of like air guitar." I'll keep you posted, but will NOT be bringing my camera, because I'd feel like some sort of weird... air voyeur.

Oh, and today thus far I have eaten ok. Did a Lean Cuisine pizza for lunch. It was not really worth it. I'd rather have the Trader Joe's Chicken Tikka Masala any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment