Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday

Today was fairly successful. I finished my taxes (hurray, refunds!), picked up lights from my friend Kris for the Vote For Equality interview I'm shooting on Thursday (I'll have to explain a bit about that at some point, I guess), and went to the gym and did the elliptical for a nice long chunk of time. And I ate ok. Again, not spectacularly, but I'm on my way to reviving the nice balanced diet I had there for awhile. The key I think is eating your 5+ servings per day of fruits and vegetables- it's hard for me because I don't like most raw vegetables, so I have to cook them, and often I am just too lazy. But this will be a thing of the past soon, I hope.

I'm super tired so the only other thing I'll say is that I promise to never, ever while I am blogging about losing weight call the whole ordeal "my weight-loss journey." They say this on The Biggest Loser (one of my guilty-pleasure reality shows) all the time, and I cannot stand it. I get that losing weight is all about creating better eating and exercising habits, etc, but COME ON. The phrase is just a little too loveydovey for me. Gag.

It annoys me in the same way that I am annoyed when I'm working at preschool and they don't allow peanut butter in the building anymore because there are some kids who are incredibly allergic to peanuts. I get it, theoretically, but again: COME ON. It should be noted, however, that these two things aren't really connected anywhere except in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment