Friday, July 24, 2009

elementary

After a) reading my first Agatha Christie novel and b) seeing the trailer for the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes film (with Robert Downey Jr!), I have been thinking a lot about how I used to want to be a detective. Observe:

me in my detective hat, about 1990

This is me in my oft-present Detective Hat. I had The Young Detective's Handbook, which taught me how to find clues and dust for fingerprints, then save them with Scotch tape, and I had this hat, and a magnifying glass. Heather and I used to set out to "solve a mystery" oh, probably about once a week. It was either that or looking for secret passages. Random, yes, but man, those were the days. Maybe I'll quit film and become a marine biologist who studies narwhals... and when there are no narwhals I will solve all the mysteries in Greenland.

No comments:

Post a Comment