Saturday, May 26, 2018

Lists

Things I Didn’t Need To Pack

1. Long-sleeved shirts. Or at least not 3 of them. 
2. Jeans
3. More than one book (but how do you choose?!?) 
4. My 50mm lens. I love it the most but I haven’t used it due to lack of space in my camera bag. Zooms can suffice next time. 
5. 2 pairs of sandals. Chacos have been enough. 
6. My fleece. This is a toss-up because I *did* wear it, but only when it was insanely windy on Tinos. Otherwise it’s just been something to lug around and my jean jacket and thin sweatshirt combo would have sufficed. 
7. 3 skirts. I have worn none of them, which is unusual for me, but their lack of pockets is distressing. 
8. Wool leggings. What? Why did I bring these? I think because the weather in Paris kept being 50 degrees the week before I left... but still. Wool leggings? 
9. Gym clothes. Hahahahaha right, Cameron. You were really going to go to the gym. Ha.

Things I Could Have Used: 
1. A slightly bigger camera bag 
2. Black dressy-ish shoes with arch support for walking 
3. A less-dorky sunhat
4. BUG SPRAY. I don’t know why I didn’t think there would be bugs in Greece- maybe because it seems so dry? But holy cow, are there bugs in Greece! 

Things I’m Glad I Brought And Should Always Bring: 

1. My REI skort, which I have worn despite not having pockets
2. My Prana hiking pants. They are perfect for hot weather
3. A collapsible duffel bag to accommodate the buying of souvenirs! I felt like such a grown-up when I did this. I’m so smart! However, would this duffel bag have been necessary if I had not packed all the things I didn’t need to pack? Probably not. 
4. My celebration pants (silky palazzo pants that I bought randomly online a few years ago and have become one of my favorite possessions)- again, no pockets, but so good for hot weather! 

This has been Lists With Cameron 


No comments:

Post a Comment