Friday, September 11, 2009

in anticipation

Purchased: one tube of Maybelline Wet N' Wild waterproof mascara.

I am most definitely going to cry tomorrow. Absolutely no question about it. Not only is it Rachel and Alexis getting married- Rachel and Alexis, whom I've known for 12 years now, who I've had sleepovers with and whispered with and ridden the bus with and done homework with- but Al Adams is performing the ceremony, better known as Dr. Adams, who was our high school headmaster. And Al (I call him Al because Taylor was friends with his son and I grew up calling him Al) always makes me cry. He has a way with words, and is just about the nicest headmaster you could ask for. I cried at the last assembly for Taylor's high school class. I cried when his Jug Band played at the last assembly for his son Willie's high school class. I cried when the teachers formed an ensemble and played "Ripple" for our class (come to think of it, that song STILL makes me cry, all because of that one performance). I will cry. It is so likely that it may as well have already happened.

Thus, the waterproof mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment