Thursday, April 02, 2009

let's talk about how impossibly cool i was as a child

I used to be really into bottle caps- so much so that my Dad still saves them for me when he gets new or interesting ones. I would crawl around in the dirt under the bleachers at my brother's baseball games, looking for bottle caps, or pick them up out of the gutter, or pluck them from the recycling bin. But I had forgotten that I used to wear them as buttons, that my Mom devised a method to make them jewelry with a disc of cardboard in the back. Forgotten, that is, until today:

Taylor, Jarrod, me and Spense before (or after) the Golden Revue

I think I deserve some sort of dork prize- I'm surprised my parents didn't worry about me more.

3 comments:

  1. what is happening in this photo? is this a family event? a tie-dyeing party perhaps?

    ps: i love it when you do these kinds of posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is actually my brother and our friends and i either getting ready for, or perhaps just after, the talent show at family camp. we usually wore tie-dye as our uniforms, because we had all made them earlier in the week. Taylor and Spenser are both breaking the dress code.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, i appear to have a Cracker Jack box stuck on my hand.

    ReplyDelete