Tuesday, August 26, 2008

tattoos and memories

For awhile now, there has been this idea floating around the Patterson cousins that we should all get the same tattoo. I know that sounds lame and cultish... trust me, I've had my reservations. See, my cousin Whitney got a tattoo four or five years ago, of a small sun sort of thing on her toe. It's simple and cute and unobtrusive. Then Aunt Kim, her mom, got the same one. Somehow this blossomed into Nicolai wanting to get one, and that spread through the rest of us. Well, not all of us. I don't think Taylor is big on the idea, and I doubt Spencer would go for it, but I bet the rest of us would.

I've always thought that I wouldn't get a tattoo unless it was of something that really meant a lot to me. It just seems so permanent and weird to put ink in your body... but what could possibly be a better reason to get a tattoo than having a constant reminder of my family? They mean everything to me... but I'm still not sure.

Thoughts?

In the meantime, here are the family pictures we took on our last day in Manzanita Beach. Or at least, some of them.

IMG_1902
(the first cousins)


IMG_1904
(the first and second cousins)

IMG_1906
(everybody, except Aunt Kelsey, Uncle Matt, and Uncle Owen)

IMG_1909
(the men, minus Uncle Matt and Uncle Owen)

IMG_1919
(the Patterson sisters, minus Aunt Kelsey)

IMG_1930
(the women, minus Aunt Kelsey)

1 comment:

  1. I'm FOR it! (If you figure that one out I will love you deeper than you can imagine.)

    Seriously though, I'm always for group assimilation and branding yourself to weirdos who make you feel good. You know, like family and insane friends.

    I want pictures of the final product! (PS - have you voted this week?)

    ReplyDelete